Share your story
Day in the life of living with a rheumatic disease
An image speaks a 1000 words. Sharing your story is a powerful way of giving children with rheumatic diseases a voice. You can choose to remain anonymous by capturing images without showing your face. You can show medical aspects, share what inspires you or your everyday life: whatever you feel comfortable with.
Make a short video in your own language. If you don’t want to show your face, you’re welcome to film something else while telling us your story. We will compile all material and use it during the WORD 2023 campaign.
- Name or Nickname
- Time between first symptoms and diagnosis
- Has early intervention made
- Would early intervention
have made a difference?
HOW DO YOU FEEL
- Name one good thing
about your journey or
current situation and one
thing that you would like
to see changed…
INSTRUCTIONS AND PRIVACY
When filming with your phone: hold it horizontal
By providing us with this film, you are authorising us to use it during the campaign WORDday2023.
Upload your file to WeTransfer and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org
OTHERS WAYS TO CONTRIBUTE
If you don’t want to make a video but still want to share your story then please email us at email@example.com
Use #WORDDay2022 on social media
Activities around the world
Check out the Activities around the world to find events in your area
Are there no activities in your region yet, or do you want to setup another one?
- Check out the WORD Day 2019 impact report for inspiration
- Use the images and information from our Promotional Toolkit to create your own posters, folders and other material
- Optional tip: use canva.com to design posters, folders and digital material, it’s an intuitive tool that helps you create beautiful designs
- Enter the details regarding your plans on our world map
- Optional: create a Facebook event to invite your audience
- Have fun at your event & don’t forget to take photos and/or videos (make sure to get consent to share)
- Let us know how it went & share your content and footage with hashtag #WORDDay2022
Join our community of global change makers
- Medical professionals
- Patient organisations
- Sport persons
We are looking for WORDday ambassadors: together we can and will make a difference
Provide us with your information and a picture, either via mail or social media, and we will add you to our ambassador page
Take part on social media
Unable to attend an event in your region? There are many ways you can contribute online:
- Have a look at our toolkit for resources to share during the week of WORD Day 2022.
- Remember to use the hashtag: #WORDDay2022.
- Every like, share and retweet goes a long way.
- Join the WORD Day webinars taking place (more information coming soon)
- Use the WORD Day profile frame to spread the word
- Submit a video for the ‘Day in the life of living with a rheumatic disease’ awareness campaign. All you need to do is voiceover a video of you going about your day and including things like your medications or doing physio, doing some exercise, what you do when you are having a bad day or in pain. For example maybe how you struggle to do school work or anything else that you could think of that would show people how hard it is to live with a rheumatic disease and how it impacts your day to day life. Submissions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The travelling message board activation
See what YOUR RHEUM has planned for WORD Day and take part!